Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cutting Strings

I've been spending a lot of time this week cutting strings. We're having a String Swap on my Quilt With Us group, In Love With Strings! Each of us is sending 25 assorted strings to our swap partners. As I was cutting my strings I discovered I have lots of old fabric. I know it sounds chic to say vintage but some of it is down right old (one was stamped1994). Some of it I still like but some of it, not so much! So I'm going to cut it up and make lots of string quilts before it turns to dust. That way I'll have lots of room for new fabric!





This is some of the stash



As you can see my stash is arranged by color. I have two more shelves like this. One has 5 stacks and the other has 4 stacks of fabric. Do you think I should go on a "Fabric Diet"?




4 comments:

Angie said...

Nice stash! I wish I had one that large!

Vesuviusmama said...

Great stash! And I don't believe in diets, fabric or food. Enjoy while you can!

Smorgasborddd said...

Haha yes mom, you should go on a fabric diet, or get the fabric insured. Do they even make fabric insurance?

Purple Pam said...

No, I don't think you should go on a fabric diet. It's cool.