Wednesday, February 17, 2010

GIFTS

I haven't been feeling my best lately, with this head cold, but I've received some special gifts that have made me feel much better! I received this box of scraps from Wanda at Exuberant Color. Thank you so much Wanda. I've already made foundations for string blocks.
After all of the snow days I wasn't feeling well enough on Tuesday to walk up to the school, which would have been my first day back. So today when I got there these items were waiting for me. They came from the school principal who knows that I do paper piecing.
The students are at the sandwiching stage on 2 quilts and still piecing 2 quilts. The quilts will be tied, so we should have them finished in mid March when their class ends.
I'm off now to have some tea and do some hand sewing. I hope you are lucky enough to get some sewing done.