Friday, July 16, 2010

T.G.I.F. !

Today my "thank goodness it's finished" quilt is a UFO. It was started sometime in the late 1990's. It is paper pieced using Sew Precise. This is the only pineapple quilt I've made. As I remember I liked making this block, so maybe a new scrappy one should be in the works.
The backing that I chose proved to be a mistake. I like the look of it but the fabric didn't play nice with Jasmine. It just didn't want to glide across the bed of the machine. I have 2 more yards of this fabric and I also have it in another print. Won't make that mistake again!

Enjoy your weekend!


BJ said...

Your quilt is beautiful. My friend Chloe would fall in love with it as she LOVES blue and yellow. The pattern is great. I have several, so I recently discovered, UFO's that need to become TGIF's too.

dobco said...

Now I like your TGIF...hadn't heard than one before, but I am with you! I have more UFO's thand TGIF's! LOL

Raewyn said...

This is stunning!! The blue and yellow/gold combination is brilliant. Well done on finishing!!

creativedawn said...