Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wayback Wednesday

Today my Wayback Wednesday quilt is the first one I made for my daughter. It's a rail fence and I hand quilted hearts in the center of each block. This quilt was used "a big whole lot" as she used to say. It's getting pretty thin in some places. At one time it was even used in her lavender bedroom as a cover on her night table. Now it rests in a drawer, because the lavender room has given way to a teal and brown room. Remember this post? It's about the baby gift I forgot to photograph. Well I was going through some old photos on the family computer and I came across this. This picture shows the quilt in progress, even though it isn't the final layout and it's missing the borders. Now you see why I named it Baby Argyle.


1 comment:

Dee said...

I love the story of this beautiful quilt! What an awesome mommy you are! I still have my pillow from when I was little, so I hope you/she keep it for future use!

The argylle quilt looks complicated and lovely. Your sewing just amazes me!

Thanks for sharing!