Friday, September 17, 2010

T.G.I.F. !

I've got a few finishes to show. Well, almost finishes. Here is the table runner I showed a few posts back. I just need to finish sewing the binding down. It's the one that nobody really liked. You know you can tell when you send a picture and the response is, "OK". You can always tell what that means.
Anyway, I had a vision and I'm very happy with the way it came out and even more pleased with the "Organic" quilting lines. This runner was screaming for straight (or sort of straight) lines! It is named Pearl's Tiles, after the only other person who liked it from the beginning.
Thank you Pearl!


I also finished this little table topper made from scraps.
It measures 29.5 x 18.5



Have a wonderful weekend. Along with a little sewing, I will be having dinner at a Thai restaurant for the first time on Saturday. Review to follow.




6 comments:

Raewyn said...

Hey both of these have turned out really lovely, including Pearl's Tiles!! You have been busy - good on you having some more completions. Have a great Thai dinner (PS I love the colours you've used in the scrappy runner!)

Stella Jones said...

I like the blue and yellow particularly. All very pretty though. Do you work your pieces on a machine or by hand?
Blessings, Star

Vesuviusmama said...

Yay for finishes and double yay for Thai food! One of the few things I don't like about living in the boonies is not having access to lots of fun foods. Have a great weekend!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Both runners are beautiful. I don't know why others didn't like Pearl's Tiles, I think it's a wonderful combination of colors.

beth said...

great table runners!! Enjoy the Thai.

Em said...

The top runner's colors are so unique and I love the bird turd type one especially!!!! ENjoy the Thai, it is a fav type of food of mine!