Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not Much Sewing

Good Tuesday morning. There hasn't been much sewing going on here lately. I always have good intentions when I go into the sewing room, but not much sewing is happening. I keep telling myself it's because I'm storing up ideas. (sounds good, doesn't it?)
Anyway I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the Triangle Challenge quilt for my Scrap Bags group. So here it is. There are lots of old fabrics in this quilt from my doll making days. Some have been used in other scrap quilts and will be used yet again, as it seems they are multiplying on the shelf! Although there's not much sewing going on, I have been making at least one dish cloth a night. Sometimes more. These will be used for gifts, for the Christmas Bazaar and a few for my shop.


I'm in the sewing room now. So I hope to have some progress to show soon. Even if it's only potholders or mug rugs!



7 comments:

Shay said...

Love the scrapiness of the triangle challenge quilt. The colours blend beautifully into one another. The dishcloths are pretty great too.

Sometimes I go on sewing hiatus and thats when I drag out somthing small to do. (like mug rugs!) I find it re-kindles my interest in tackling a bigger project, so good luck!

Betty said...

Progress is progress, even if it is crocheted dish cloths. Your challenge quilt turned out great!

Em said...

And poof! I see your yarn and it must be a Godwink! I wish I knew how to do crocheting or knitting for when I want a hand project and can't face applique :). Go girl, sew girl sew!

Laura said...

I think storing up ideas sounds perfect! I may use that reasoning myself lol. Love the scrappy quilt and good job on making all those dishcloths!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful quilt! I like your pot holders too.

Happy Thanksgiving and blessings to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Oh Char!
That quilt is gorgeous!!! love the potholders too!

hugz

Abby and Stephanie said...

I absolutely love handmade dishcloths. I've crocheted some but I have a dear friend who keeps me in knitted ones. Your quilt looks so pretty.