Tuesday, July 12, 2011

When Company Comes

A few weeks ago my husband’s aunt came for a visit. Now if you’re like me, that meant taking all the quilts out of storage. Otherwise known as the guest room.

                            princess-and-the-pea Boy that was hard work. I didn’t realize there were so many!

That also meant I had to clear out the things under the bed.

                         images

All of this preparation could be a good thing. You find lots of things you’d forgotten about. Or it could be a bad thing. You find lots of things you were happy to forget about.

Well I found lots of UFOs !

I don’t remember where I was going with this one, but now it will be a table runner.

 WIP 001

This is a paper pieced mini. I think it will be a mug rug.

WIP 003

This is a UFO that was pieced in 1998! I no longer like these colors, so I will give this one away or donate it to charity when it is finished.

WIP 006

These blocks I remember very well. I made them to cut up and make into new blocks but after a few I didn’t like them. I don’t think they will all end up in the same quilt. ( may be destined to live out their lives as UFOs)

WIP 009

I remembered where I was going with this one, but I’ve decided to change the border after completing the blocks. I was going to use a green stripe, but now I’ve chosen  white with pink dots. I’ll use the stripe for the binding.

 

 WIP 007Now finding and working on all these UFOs should be a good thing, right? There’s only one problem, all of the fabric I have to put back into my stash because it wasn’t used as I originally intended.

None of you have UFOs, do you?

 

Today is my brothers birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCEL !!!!!

10 comments:

Shay said...

No UFO's here (Rolling round hysterically on the floor with laughter!)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I laughed hysterically at the bunnies!! UFOs - well I solved a lot of that by forwarding them on to others and organizing those I really want to finish - cut my pile way down. Blocks - they usually head off to the Sr. Center - they love them for pillows and bags.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Of course I don't have any UFO's - you can't see my crossed fingers behind my back can you? Loved the dust bunnie picture - lol! Sounds as if you have great plans for the newly discovered UFO's.

Vesuviusmama said...

Great images to go with your narrative there at the beginning - definitely got a chuckle out of me. And UFOs are a good thing in my mind. Savor them, and pull them out on rainy days when inspiration is gone and you just want to sew something and be done with it.

Lynette said...

hehehehe FUN post! Naaaa. . . I don't have 36.333 UFOs! I used to not have 45, though, so it's not as sad as it could be. . .

Raewyn said...

I'm debating whether mine are UFOs or simply WIP!!(Works in progress)...and I have to clear out my daughter's room every time she comes up for a visit:-).Wish I had dust bunnies AND a four poster like yours - huge grin- hope your husband's aunt's visit went well.

Betty said...

No UFO's here! We won't talk about the room down the hall, lol!
I started to take inventory of my UFO's one day and it scared me so I stopped! I am currently working on about five different projects, so I think WIP fits those better!

em's scrapbag said...

I just cleaned my sewing room and I'm pleading the 5th when it comes to UFO's.

scraphappy said...

I don't have a single UFO. Just A LOT of works on progress. Long, slow progress. Looks like you'll be making progress for quite a while:). Hope your company went well, and that it wS worth all the work.

randi--i have to say said...

i think i would be surprised if i really searched for ufo's. there are probably some good things that need finishing! :)