Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rainbow Scraps Challenge II

I've joined Angela again this year for the Rainbow Scraps Challenge. The first color of the year is Red! I didn't have any red last year and I don't have much this year but I thought I could do 2 1/2 inch squares. Then I got an idea, each month I'm going to make 2 sets of blocks using 2 1/2 squares. If I keep on track I'll have enough blocks for a quilt I will donate at the end of the year.
This is how I'm going to piece the blocks.




 
                                                           Ta Da! Simple right? 

6 comments:

blauraute said...

Last year I've had the same idea. I started making blocks with 49 scraps. In the end of the year I've had 7 blocks. Now I continue my rainbow quilt. Between the blocks I'll make some black strips.
Have a nice weekend and take care.
Roswitha

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a great idea. Love the reds.

Shay said...

I love the idea of a rainbow quilt..Maybe I should do something like this too.

Red is my favourite colour.

scraphappy said...

What a fun collection of red squares. It will be fun to see all the colors of the rainbow come out as the year goes on.

Deb A said...

Great idea and such an easy and pretty block!

Quilter Kathy said...

A great idea!