Monday, July 2, 2012

A Little Vacation

We took a mini vacation to the DE. and MD. beaches recently. Except for being told to leave the beach because of severe storms with lightening, it was a relaxing time.

That’s not the only thing I’ve been doing. I finally took a trip to The Sauder Store!

                  b5d46b994041a493ae7d6001a953c9a2_y9uz

I know, I know, I live in PA. only about an hour and a half away. I’ve been to their sister store Zooks lots of times. I’ve even blogged about it. Don’t ask me what took so long. The prices are wonderful and I had lots of fun! MY DD the budding seamstress even made her first fabric purchase!

                      The Loot! 136

I got these for for quilt backing, $3.99 a yard!

                      The Loot! 138

I got this stack for my stash. I couldn’t resist the aqua fabric on top with the bubbles.

Don’t let the small size of this store fool you.There was so much fabric there I think I might have missed some of it. Batiks, flannel, solids, batting, interfacing, thread, books and oh did I mention bulk dry foods and spices.

I enjoyed my trip to The Sauder Store! I think it’s a definite must do if you’re visiting Lancaster! 

And the fabric acquisitions don’t stop there. When I arrived home there were a few squishies waiting for me! I’m saving those for another post.

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

We often don't visit those shops "closest" to us! Great finds -- fantastic prices. Before I move from the Midwest I do want to visit Lancaster County, PA. I'm so close to PA. I have been to Pittsburgh. My grandmother was raised in Harrisburg.

Shay said...

eeeekkkk I love the stash stack !

The Slow Quilter said...

Oh my Good, I love that place, I go every year with a group of quilters in October and will be there this year too. We also go to Zooks in Intercourse, PA and stop off at Shady Maples for lunch. Looking forward to the fabric trip, that is why I am trying to use up the fabric I have.