Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Finish

Today I finished a quilt for Margaret’s Hope Chest. It’s for a little girl as I’m sure you can tell by the colors. I’m glad it’s  finished (on time).                    

                Special 082 

                Special 089       

Now that all my deadlines are met I’ll have some time to play with my scraps just sewing random pieces together to see what develops.

Remember this picture from a few weeks back?

                     The Loot! 150

Well let me just say if it’s been a while since you’ve had your scissors sharpened or purchased a new pair, treat yourself. I’m sure you have many, many pairs of scissors and shears but if they’re not sharp they’re not cuttin’! Lets just say it’s the best money I’ve spent in a while. Now go, check out you scissors!

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Such a sweet little girl quilt! Love the colorful blocks and the butterfly backing.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Not only a sweet quilt but a sweet thing for you to do. It will certainly be loved by a very happy little one.

I'm so bad about scissors...I love them sharp but have never sent them in to Gingher. They do them for free too! Thank you for the reminder. It's like having dull rotary blades.

The Slow Quilter said...

Any little girl will love to have that quilt. I need to buy new rottery cutting blads

Terri said...

Love your little girl quilt.
As to the sharpened scissors - I bought a scissors sharpener. Works great, and I will never (never say never) have to pay to have a pair sharpened again... or buy a new pair. Saves right away in postage or gasoline.
Hugs

scraphappy said...

What a sweet little quilt. I am sure new scissors are just like putting a new blade in your rotary cutter -- you always wonder why you didn't do it earlier.

Vesuviusmama said...

My husband is a minimalist, and my nesting tendencies drive him crazy. Just recently, he pulled something out of a full kitchen drawer and said, "what is this?". At the moment, I couldn't remember what it was, so he threw it away. Of course, it wasn't even a week later when I was trying to cut something with my dull knives that I remembered that it was a sharpener. Bummer!