Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What’s Working on Wednesday

 

I have finally finished the quilting on the Fandango quilt. I hope to make the binding today and stitch it on. Then I’ll have something to stitch while watching football on Sunday.

               photo (42)

You might remember these from a previous post. Well yesterday I dug into the scrap bin and made few more.

              photo (44)

Today I’m adding some strips here and there in efforts to turn this into a wall hanging or table runner. Thing is I have so many scraps I could make string blocks everyday for the rest of the year and still have scraps left! While I’m on the subject of scraps, inquiring minds want to know. Do you separate your solid scraps from your print scraps?

I’ve linked up with Quiltsy and WIP Wednesday today.

This is really, really late but since I’ve covered my other siblings on my blog this year, my DS had a birthday on OCT. 1st.

                         HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pela!!!!

 

11 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

I have a question for you! Are you stringing on paper or muslin foundation? Right now my scraps are in two pop-up laundry bins. I have GOT to do something with them!

Anonymous said...

like your scrappy blocks a lot

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love the simplicity of the floating 9-patches. Football is perfect for bindings. LOVE string blocks.

FabricFascination said...

I do not separate my scraps, and it is an ever growing pile threatening to take over my sewing room. Maybe I should start doing some string quilts (love yours BTW).

Jerimi said...

I love your string blocks! And "Fandango" is a great name for a quilt.

Kristan said...

I don't separate solids from prints. I separate based on color.

Mary Johnson said...

I'm convinced I could quilt for years just using my strings!

Dee said...

Char, it's stunning! I love the colors you've chosen and your sting blocks are gorgeous!

Cindy said...

I really like your Fandango quilt.

Shay said...

Im crushing on those string blocks Char. You know how much I love scrap quilts.

The Fandango quilt is looking fabulous !

Vesuviusmama said...

All my scraps reside together in bags and bins and drawers. They need to be organized, but they aren't. The only thing that is separated is the squares that I cut out in different sizes, but all those tins are full, so I haven't been cutting many more scraps up. I really do need to use more!