Sunday, March 2, 2014

On Sunday and a Winner

Happy Sunday! Here in the northeast we are expecting yet another snow storm this afternoon. I hope to spend my time today in the sewing room.

The new color for the RSC 2014 challenge is aqua/teal. I haven’t started yet but I will be quilting this today. Do you think it counts?

       aq

The Quiltsy team has been issued a challenge for National Quilting Day by our team leaders. We are to make something that represents our first quilt. Here’s my first quilt in all it’s puffy hand quilted glory! Wow, have my color and fabric choices changed!

       fq

I chose batiks for my small challenge quilt.

       bat

I hope you all enjoyed the Uncommonly Corduroy book tour. I really loved seeing all the different interpretations of Stephanie’s patterns. All the patterns in the book are well written and suitable for a beginning or advanced quilter. So I hope you will check it out.

The winner of the e book is Pam Roever. Congratulations! I’ve sent you an e-mail.

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations to Pam! I hope she enjoys making corduroy creations. Well the snow arrived at my house very early this morning and is dumping quite steadily. It'll be knocking on your door soon if it isn't already. Happy Sewing! That's how I'm spending my day. It is really interesting to see how our fabric choices have changed since our early quilting days.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations to the winner and thank you for hosting. That is a book I am going to have to get. I started with other's scraps and I am still scrapping.

pam said...

Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun with the tour. I visited and bookmarked some new to me blogs.
I can't wait to get the copy and get started. First I will have to find some corduroy!!
Thanks again. It was fun.
pam

pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.