Since Spring just isn’t getting here fast enough I chose a flower theme for my Quilt Day challenge piece.
I started with a pieced background and added a stem and a few leaves.
I stitched them down with Gutermann embroidery thread and my Bernina. Hadn’t done this in years so I took a little while for me to get comfortable with the process again.
Next I added lots of lavender petals.
On the petals I did a few outline stitches and then with a deep purple thread I randomly added little scribbles.
Next I added the pot and since we had to include a circle, I added a red one.
The challenge was to make a piece at least 12 x 12 using purple, green and yellow and to include a circle. Looks like I covered all the bases. I don’t know how I’m going to finish this yet, but I’ll work on it later this week.