Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Oh No 18 to 24 Inches More

I'm off this morning to the local middle school to do volunteer work. I'm helping the sewing teacher with her quilting class. We teach the students to make lap quilts which are then donated to local charities and senior centers. I've been doing this every school day for the past five years. We started out making covers for the sewing machines the students use. Our next project was a little too ambitious, Quilt in a Day Underground Railroad. We did get a few of those completed, but by the time we got to the 4th block most students were pretty disinterested. Lesson learned.
So now we just do simple blocks and make quilts that go together fast so we don't lose them in the middle of the process.
Yes we are expecting more snow starting this evening, 18 to 24 more inches! I think this will be my last school day until next Tuesday with the holiday on Monday. I know I'm not the only one who's snowed in, so I hope you're all getting some quilting done.

1 comment:

Vesuviusmama said...

Wow! I want YOUR job! Enjoy the snow days. Get lots of sewing done and post some photos!