Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quilts and Gardens

Here's a picture of the string scrap baby quilt. I took it outside, but because of the pine trees the lighting isn't that great. ( I don't take the best pictures either)
I'm going to check my stash for backing and then I will be quilting it. I think this will be a donation quilt also, unless someone asks for it. I like how it turned out. It's amazing what you can do without buying more fabric. I had to take a picture of this Coral Bells Huechera. It and about 15 others are growing between the patio pavers thanks to it's mother, who sits in a pot on the patio.


I think this is my best picture of the day. Who am I kidding, of the year.

5 comments:

Stella Jones said...

I like your pictures very much. The baby quilt is lovely. I want to make one for my (first) grandchild, who is due in October. I've never made a baby quilt before and could do with some helpful pointers?
Blessings, Star

B J Elder said...

Love the quilt! It's really cheerful. Your plant and flower pictures are fun too. Thank you for sharing them.

Dee said...

Oh the pansy! It's perfect. And I think I have those coral bells!

The quilt is just as pretty and perfect as the pansy!

Awesome job.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

love that pansy picture!

Anonymous said...

This blue and white scrap quilt is very pretty. I like the way you put it together!