Friday, August 20, 2010

T.G.I.F. !

This is not really a Thank Goodness It's Finished. The unfinished version of this is on my desktop. I see it every time I log on. It's really turned out to be my favorite quilt since the circle quilt! I really like everything about this one! Thanks to Nancy for the border suggestion. I think it was the perfect solution. Wow look what can happen with a simple 4 patch.
Here's the tablerunner, finally finished. It was a create as you go project. I had no idea where it would end when I started it. Still not crazy about the quilting, but I do like the color combination.





Lastly, what do you think of the blog update? I was getting kind of tired of the old colors. After 100 posts, it was time for a change!



7 comments:

B J Elder said...

LOL - I like changing things too after a while. Keeps it fresh. Your colors are very nice. Love your four patch quilt, and yes, the border is perfect for it!

Shay said...

Love the blog makeover. Your 4 patch is stunning!

natasha said...

Wow ! I like the new digs ! and your 4 patch is lovely !

Betty said...

Pretty 4 patch, I love the border! Change is good, not sure I'm loving this one. The new color is soft and soothing, but not your usual brights and the blog title is hard to see, IMHO. I love the closeup of the log cabin quilt!

Vesuviusmama said...

You've made the 4-patches look so fresh and modern! I love it!

Unknown said...

Koool and Krisp! like the 4 patch! and the table runner is awesome...so simple!

hugz,
Pam

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty and the simple border was just right for it. I love the scrappy half log cabin in your header too. I've got a string version started but who knows when I'll get back to it.