Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wayback Wednesday

This is one of the first applique quilts I made. It was made for my daughter, who at the time was 5 years old. It took what seemed like forever to hand applique all those heart blocks. Believe it or not there are still some hearts left from this quilt that never did get appliqued to muslin squares. I had to stop making them at some point or this quilt would not have been finished.
I wasn't able to get a better picture. We have so many trees everything is shaded. While I was taking this picture I noticed that the basting stitches are still in a few of the blocks!
This quilt is named Mommy's Heart.
Don't forget today is the last day to enter the giveaway! (here) I will announce a winner tomorrow!


Good luck!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I love seeing quilts that we all first made...I found two abandon quilts tops I made from 20 some years ago... they are so awful,but I treasure the fact that I have them and I can see how far I have come... Your heart quilt is Darling!!!

Shay said...

Char that is so cute and I love the label. I love looking back to see how our tastes and skills have changed . The quilts we make often seem to me to be a timeline of our lives and where we were at in a particular time.

(I'm in Bella/ Nanna quilt making mode this year)