Friday, October 15, 2010

T.G.I.F. !

TGIF! or drowning in Pepto Bismol!
Well I had an idea while I was lying in bed, so I jumped up and grabbed my sketch book. This is what I came up with but this doesn't look like it did in my mind's eye or in my sketch book!
These are the charm squares I received in the pink charm square swap. It's not really complete but it looked so bad I decided to leave it up on the design wall and sneak up on it in a few days to see if it's grown on me. Yuck!In other news, after the pink thing I thought I cold use a little color! This is inspired by Anna Williams and V's 15 Minutes of Play. I like what I have so far, think I'll keep going with this one.

Here are some goodies I got in the mail today. First more Picnic Parade from Fabric Closet.

Also Breeze and Marrakesh, these came from Fabric Fascination.

I will be finishing the binding on The Picnic Parade quilt this weekend. What are you going to do?




4 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I'm not so sure about the 'pink thing' either. It could be the gray - try maybe a black instead. I do like what you are doing with the multi colors!!

Unknown said...

Char,
The pink charms are pretty; are those grey strips you've used. It would be interesting to see what a nice chocolate brown color strips might add to those charms. Have you brown that you could try? just a thought!
Of course, it could be the colors on my computer.

hugz
Pam

Dee said...

wow, what aweseom fabrics, design and piecing!

Victoria said...

Don't feel bad... we all have lots of those ideas that didn't exactly go the way we thought they would. (At least I know I have!)