Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wayback Wednesday

I know I've mentioned here before that the Log Cabin block is my favorite. Today's Wayback Wednesday is a wall hanging I made to hang in my laundry room. Here is picture of it right after completion on my sewing room door. It was made in 2004 and I chose these colors as the paint for the laundry room was sort of a hot chocolate color. I really like the way this quilt came out. The blocks are 6 inch (my favorite) and the center block is paper pieced. All of these fabrics were pulled from my stash.
Here are a couple of the Christmas potholders I've been making. Some for the bazaar and some for my Etsy. I'm not really a fan of the normal red/green Christmas combo theme, but some are so my sister said I should include these. As I was making these I discovered I really don't have a lot of Christmas prints. So I had to buy some at the Cyber Monday sale at Connecting Threads.


Ok, it's back to work for me. I still have a lot of sewing to finish before Christmas!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there Char!

Your wallhanging is stupendous! love it, especially the center! I'm with you on the green/red/white...had to order some on Friday Maddddness...heh, heh, heh! Potholders are cute anyhoo!

Have a great day
hugz, Pam

B J Elder said...

Love your chocolate wall hanging for your laundry door. Heading over now to check out your Etsy store. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Dee said...

beautiful wall haging...and the potholders are so festive!

table topper now for the Log Cabin hanging?

Shay said...

Love the wall hanging. Beautiful fabric combinations.

I actually really like the pot holders too. (If you want Christmas fabric pop on over - I have bolts of the stuff )

Em said...

WOWEE to your WayBack. Very warm with the brown hues.

Vesuviusmama said...

I love the wallhanging! I was just fondling my brown fabrics last night, trying to figure out what warm wonderful goodness I wanted to make with them...