Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wayback Wednesday

I know I've mentioned here before that the Log Cabin block is my favorite. Today's Wayback Wednesday is a wall hanging I made to hang in my laundry room. Here is picture of it right after completion on my sewing room door. It was made in 2004 and I chose these colors as the paint for the laundry room was sort of a hot chocolate color. I really like the way this quilt came out. The blocks are 6 inch (my favorite) and the center block is paper pieced. All of these fabrics were pulled from my stash.
Here are a couple of the Christmas potholders I've been making. Some for the bazaar and some for my Etsy. I'm not really a fan of the normal red/green Christmas combo theme, but some are so my sister said I should include these. As I was making these I discovered I really don't have a lot of Christmas prints. So I had to buy some at the Cyber Monday sale at Connecting Threads.


Ok, it's back to work for me. I still have a lot of sewing to finish before Christmas!


6 comments:

creativedawn said...

Hello there Char!

Your wallhanging is stupendous! love it, especially the center! I'm with you on the green/red/white...had to order some on Friday Maddddness...heh, heh, heh! Potholders are cute anyhoo!

Have a great day
hugz, Pam

BJ said...

Love your chocolate wall hanging for your laundry door. Heading over now to check out your Etsy store. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Dee said...

beautiful wall haging...and the potholders are so festive!

table topper now for the Log Cabin hanging?

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

Love the wall hanging. Beautiful fabric combinations.

I actually really like the pot holders too. (If you want Christmas fabric pop on over - I have bolts of the stuff )

Em said...

WOWEE to your WayBack. Very warm with the brown hues.

Vesuviusmama said...

I love the wallhanging! I was just fondling my brown fabrics last night, trying to figure out what warm wonderful goodness I wanted to make with them...