Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Done, Two Almost

I’m back in the sewing room again, not starting anything new, but a few finishes.

My “15 Minute Play” Something for Nothing mini swap quilt is finally done. It will be on it’s way to it’s new home this weekend. I hope my partner enjoys it.

                           Scrap Thingy's 264

                           Scrap Thingy's 273

I’ve also quilted my purple table runner from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for April. Today I will be binding it.

                           Scrap Thingy's 266

And remember this from Sew Scraps Along? Well it’s been frogged twice! I learned a really valuable lesson with this one. Don’t start quilting until you have a good idea how a piece should be quilted. It sure saves a lot of time, and thread!

                         Scrap Thingy's 268

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all the colours. Just like a strip binding, it just makes a piece. Sometimes I think all that straight line quilting takes more thread than fmq.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love all the colours. Just like a strip binding, it just makes a piece. Sometimes I think all that straight line quilting takes more thread than fmq.

Dee said...

Glad your back....missed seeing all the beautiful colors and fabrics and your creativity!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

aren't they so fun to make? the size just delight's me! cute fun stuff!

Shay said...

Love the simple quilting on the mini quilt.

Wow -the colours are eye popping. You know I love bright fun colours!

I hear frogging is good for building character...

~Niki~ said...

love those fabrics! nice to 'meet' you :)

Vesuviusmama said...

Your Something for nothing swap quilt is awesome! I love how you sprinkle the black and white in there with the colors to make them pop.