Saturday, June 18, 2011

Proud Mom of a Graduate!

garden 001 I’m finally over the hump! My daughter graduated on Wednesday! I’m a very very proud Mother. She will attend Arcadia University in the fall! Now I get to rest a little before it’s college prep all the time.

I had a few minutes to do some mindless sewing, so I started this crumb block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I hope to make a few more today.

                             Scrap Thingy's 282

I also finished these mug rugs which were requested by my sister.

                             Scrap Thingy's 284

I’ll leave you with a few pictures from this years garden.

                          House 160  

                          garden 006

                          House 158

                          House 163

11 comments:

B J Elder said...

Congratulations proud mom! Looks like it was a lovely day for an outdoor ceremony.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations. What a great accomplishment for you both. The yellow crumbs are looking bright and happy.

Judee said...

Congratulations, mom. Love what you are doing with yellow and your flowers are fantastic.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations to mother and daughter!

Lynette said...

Yay for graduates!!! (Our second daughter graduated last month.) Congratulations :D

And Arcadia - what a great school!

Vesuviusmama said...

Beautiful little quilts, beautiful flowers!

Shay said...

Yay! You both made it ! Now take a breath, enjoy the moment and relax for a while.

Love the bright mug rug!

LuAnn said...

Beautiful clematis and hostas and mug rugs, too. Congratulations to your daughter!

Betty said...

Congratulations! You have every right to be a proud Mom!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Congratulations to your daughter (and you)!
Love your mug rugs. They are so fun to make, aren't they?
Your flowers are beautiful. I love the clematis! Mine is finally starting to get bushier and really have a nice amount of flowers on it.

Stella Jones said...

Congratulations to you and your daughter! No doubt you will be making her a quilt to take to college in the Autumn? Have you any plans for it yet? What are her favourite colours?
I remember the feelings so well when my sons graduated, so proud and yet aware that life was moving on...(pass the tissues please).