Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Small Scraps, Big Projects

Scrap Thingy's I spent some of my evenings this spring making these Hexagons for a soon to be finished pillow.

Scrap Thingy's 286 For my portable summer project I am joining Penny at Sew Take A Hike in a Yo – Yo  Along. I’ve made a few yo-yo projects before and have always enjoyed making them. I hope I can use up lots of scraps and have something to work on while watching TV and lazing around this summer.

Do you have scraps? Maybe you’d like to join.

Today is the first day of summer and  it’s also my brother’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLINTON!!!!

Thank you for all the congrats on my last post!

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

What great scrappy summer projects!!! Always something fun and creative to join.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yo-yo's and hexies - great take along projects for the summer. Scraps??? Oh, My yes - but they go into quilts. I have a box of hexies that occassionally I add to, but it really is not my cup of tea.

Stella Jones said...

I bet you had a lot of fun making those colourful hexagons. I hope you pop back and show us the finished result and how it looks on the couch? I've never made the other thingys before.

LuAnn said...

A couple of months ago there was a lot of talk about yo-yos on some of the blogs I read. It just happened that I had a 40% off JoAnns coupon and bought that yellow yo-yo maker with my coupon. So I have everything I need to give this a try. Yours are beautiful. Maybe I'll join in.