Saturday, January 14, 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012

I worked with a few more red scraps this week. I decided strips were the way to go this time. I grabbed random strips from the bin and created a piece of fabric. I quilted it, added a backing and now I have this

                         Scrap Thingy's 349

I also used two of my red blocks from last week to make a table topper for my breakfast room. It’s not quite finished. I really love the red and aqua combination!

                         Scrap Thingy's 343

                         Scrap Thingy's 345

To see what everyone else created this week check out So Scrappy

12 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

I love red and aqua together too...very pretty!

Rosa said...

It`s very nice.I love.

Dee said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Shay said...

I keep looking at red and aqua too and formulating plans in my head.

I always feel really good about my creations when I use scraps.

The Slow Quilter said...

This is my first time on your site and I love it. I am just starting to save my scraps, and your site will let me know what to do with them. The Slow Quilter, http://theslowquilter.blogspot.com

Cathy Tomm said...

Looking good. I like that red and the aqua. Hope to see more of the runner in the coming weeks.

Ellen said...

Very nice - I really like the red/aqua colour combo!

Deb A said...

That is a nice color combo. I've never thought of them before but like how they look together. Looking forward to visiting you again as the year goes on!

Elly D said...

I love these two colours together. Looking forward to seeing your table topper completed :)

Scrappy quilter said...

Very nice.

Sheila said...

Love you play with red fabrics!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That will be a very cheerful table topper. I'm no help in the machine quilting department on your recent post. Usually it's tension, thread, needle. In my case...the problem is usually ME! :o)