Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Rain = Progress

We’ve had lots of rain here the past few days but nothing like those who were in the path of Isaac. I’m praying that things get back to normal for everyone real soon.

Since it’s raining and I’m home alone, I’m actually making progress on a few things. A little straight line stitching on the Fandango quilt.

               Blog 240

               Blog 239

I’ve also finished another crochet project.

               photo (31)

This is a really bad picture. When it stops raining I’ll try to get another. This is a shawl that can be worn lots of different ways. It’s a very easy pattern and free, on Ravelry.

I thought you might like to see another little item I picked up on my vacation.

              Blog 241

Isn’t this cute? I couldn’t resist it. Especially because it contained my favorite scented soap Egyptian Cotton.

                Blog 243

But today it doubles as a take along sewing box.

                Blog 245

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I do love rainy days. I've been very productive today. That is a gorgeous crochet. I heart little boxes and tins.

Frog Quilter said...

How cute!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I love rainy days and get lots accomplished! I love your cute little sewing bag!

Raewyn said...

Great use of the rainy weather!! I love your new tin, the soap looks lovely - but what a good container for your cottons!