Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What’s Working on Wednesday

What’s working today is binding. I’ve been doing lots of that lately. That’s a good thing I guess cause it means some things are getting finished. They’ve been plucked from the pile of the poor unfortunate ones that are still waiting. So sad…….

Here is one of the table runners from last week.

                photo (66) 

I had a hard time deciding what color thread to use on this one. I finally chose Teal from Connecting Threads. I really like the result. Here’s a close up.

                photo (67)

I made this mini quite a while ago. V at 15 minutes play had a mini swap back in April of 2011. ( I’m embarrassed) Anyway, I made two of these, one for my partner and one for me with the rest of the scraps. Well it finally has a binding!

                

 

           photo (68)

 On the crochet front, I’ve finished this little scarf/shawlette complete with tassels.

 

           photo (70)

I’ve also added to the stash with these lovelies! All different designers, it was a good sale!

         

           photo (69)

Ok it’s back to work for me. I’m trying to stock up my Etsy for the holidays and get a few things made for a Christmas craft show.

I’m linking up with Quiltsy and WIP Wednesday today.

9 comments:

Dee said...

Score on the fabric and "Huzzah" for finishing up so many projects!

Love the table topper!

FabricFascination said...

Binding = things being finished, congrats!

Raewyn said...

What a great feeling, getting those bindings sewn down. The mini looks like it would have been a fun swap. Love your shawl - looks very snuggly too!

Vesuviusmama said...

It sure is great to get some finishes under your belt! That mini, very cute, but I've got much older stuff that is incomplete. I'm always so impressed with how much you get done!

Lisa C said...

I'm one of those crazy people who likes the hand-stitching part of binding. Now before you think I'm too wacky, I don't like sewing it on. I don't hate it - I just don't like it. I just really enjoy pulling up the project, settling into a recliner, and watching tv while I stitch. Makes me feel less guilty about watching Castle and Revenge!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love the table runner !!!!

sewfunquilts said...

Congrats on getting that finished...who cares how long ago it was....(as she looks at her UFO's).

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Better late then never! ;-) it's really cute too! the mini!