Saturday, January 28, 2023

Last of the Blues

Well it's the last Saturday of the month and I'm pretty happy with the items I made this month. This last week I worked on a few things that weren't blue. One is the ongoing sewing machine move. I got this little area setup and yes, that's yarn! This is the first chair I purchased for my sewing room in this house in 1999.


I actually finished (or almost finished) two blue bowls this month. This one made with all of the blue batik scraps.


And this one I made this week with just the medium blues. I made this for The Joyful Quilter's Table Scraps challenge. The challenge is letters and the letters this month were C, R and/or J. What do you think? Coiled Rope and a Jewel! (there's a little jewel in the center of the swirl)








Also this week I experimented with paper yarn. On this bowl I used batik fabric and pieces of paper yarn here and there that I plan to fringe a little bit. Don't know how I'm feeling about it, but we'll see when it's complete. 😁


I'm still working on my evening crochet project, just a few more rows. That didn't stop me from starting a hat for myself.


I'm linking up with the RSC. Go visit to see what others are making with their scraps!

Enjoy your weekend!


 

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Oooh I love the bright colors you use in your bowls. Love that blue and yellow. And thanks for featuring my art

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your bowls are a lot of fun! Looks like you're enjoying trying some different techniques with them!

Helenchaffin said...

Well I learned something new lol I never heard of paper yarn & had to Google it🤣 beautiful bowls!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a lovely way to link your BLUE project to the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge. Thanks for joining in the scrap sewing fun!