Saturday, May 14, 2022

Another Rainy Saturday!

 I have fallen down a rabbit hole. I’m determined not to return any scraps to their bins once I have taken them out for RSC. I’ve had the Lori Holt ScrappyProject Planner forever but never used it. All scraps are cut into usable pieces, similar to what Bonnie Hunter does. Once I started cutting I couldn’t stop until I cleaned the clutter from my cutting table. 

I now have tons of 2.5” squares which will help me complete my postage stamp challenge blocks. I also have strips in 3 sizes cut and ready to use. I spent so much time cutting, I had to put an anti fatigue mat in front of my cutting table. On Friday I used a few of my newly cut squares to make these scrappy blocks. The pattern is Criss Cross Stars from Sew your stash on You Tube.



I finally pulled some green scraps out and started cutting them today. The green bin is packed, I could hardly open it! 😆 Hopefully I’ll have something to show in green next week.


I did get to spend a little time in my garden and hope to put my tomatoes in this week. One of my Clematis is blooming right now.


I’m linking up with Angela at RSC



2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There are so many different varieties of Clematis. I don't think I have ever seen one like yours and it is really pretty.

Julierose said...

Lovely clematis--such a pretty color!! Good for you cutting and storing your scraps--mine have runaway with me--need to tame them back into bins of pre-cut sizes...hugs Julierose