Thursday, January 12, 2023

Happy New Year!

 Wow, It’s been a while since I made a blog post! Didn’t realize the last one was in May though. I start out every year planning to post regularly and I always manage to trickle down to no post at all after a few months. Will this year be different? Hopefully 

This month I’m in the process of moving my sewing machines into my daughters old room. She moved out in December. The room I use now is the smallest of the bedrooms. So the plan is to use the current room for my fabric and yarn stash along with my cutting table. Her room is at the front of the house and has two windows with lots of light and I’m really excited about that.

Frankly I’m kind of overwhelmed with fabric and yarn. I have more of both than I can use in a lifetime. The worst part is not being able to find things I know I have. I want this year to be the year of  “ use what you have.”  Maybe once it’s newly organized with fabric on one side and yarn on the other, everything will have a place and be in its place!

Although I’ve been in an over stuffed room I still managed to get things made this past year. Many more bowls, baskets, trivets as well as crocheted items.










I hope to show pictures once everything is setup and functioning. There’s one really good thing about the new setup, I should meet my step goal with no problem! 🤣





1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Hi Char! I"m glad to see you're blogging again. Keep it up! I personally find it more satisfying than posting to Instagram, and with blog posts, I have a means for retracing information about a project. In fact, on January 19 I will have been blogging (about every five days) for 14 years! I can't imagine NOT blogging. In any case, it's lovely to see the bowls and trivets you've made. Making rope bowls or anything with rope has never been in my repertoire, but you do it so well! Love those scrappy placemats too. I'm glad you're going to have a bright, windowed room in which to sew. I can attest that, since moving from a dark basement sewing room, to a room with a large bay window, sewing and making is much more appealing. Have fun settling into your new space and using-up your fabrics and yarn.