Saturday, February 4, 2023

February in the Pink!

 So happy that February’s color is pink. I love pink, although that wasn’t always the case. When I was younger I really didn’t like pink at all.  Now I have more pink scraps than any other color. So I pulled a few together and started my 9 patch blocks for this month.



I also made a start on an improve block and made a coiled rope bowl. The bowl is my first project completed in the new machine room. 


 
The old sewing space is a mess right now. I need a trip to IKEA for a Kallax shelf unit. After that it will become a giant walk in fabric/yarn space. 

I’ll get better pictures of the machine room once we find the sun. 😊
I did finish my hat and just in time for the very cold weather we had yesterday! I still have a skein of this yarn left and I’m thinking of making a pair of mittens to match.


I’ve got lots of ideas floating around in my head and I’m hoping to get lots done in my new space this year.
Go check out So Scrappy to see what others have made this week.

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your 1st finish in the new machine room, Char!! Enjoy sewing up lots of PINK scraps this month. You've made a great start on them!

Jenny said...

Pretty pink nine patches, and I love that bowl. You certainly have a lovely big sewing room.

Astrid said...

Pretty pink! Looks like good space sewing room, that's the best. Pretty bowl too. Love your hat, and matching mittens would look great.