Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday Scrapbag

It's Saturday already? This week went by very quickly. I guess like everyone else, I could use a few more hours in my day.
I spent some time this week working on these. They're business card holders. My sister used hers as a mini wallet this week on her trip to Connecticut. She says it's the perfect size (4 1/2 x 2 3/4) for your ID and a credit card.
I made lots of these for her to sell at the Christmas Bazaar. These are the dark colors, I still have to make the brights. By the way, these were made from scraps.
Not much more progress on the Peppermint Twist quilt. It's too big for my tiny design wall. So here it is lying on the floor on the makeshift design wall. Also known as a flannel backed tablecloth.

The pictures aren't that good but I think you can see the twist running from the top right to the bottom left. I like it so far. Now I just need time to sew it together.

I will be making my wonderful husband a Pot Pie this weekend. What will you do?




3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Cute little business card holders - what a neat idea; I hope these sell well! Yes, I can see the twist running through your quilt - good thinking to use a flannel backed tablecloth as a design 'wall'. I have a flannel pillowcase on the wall for little things but nothing bigger!

Shay said...

Love the way peppermint twist is coming together Char.

I see Picnic Parade scraps there in those business card holders. They're pretty darned cute!

Em said...

how fun! I love the pattern and color combo, sweet!