Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wayback Wednesday

This is the first quilt I finished when we moved into our house in 1999. It's completely paper pieced from gray,brown, black,rust,beige and gold scraps. I made it to throw over the sofa in the family room which was black and a golden beige at the time. Now as you can see it spends most of it's time folded with the rest of the quilts that aren't being used. I enjoyed gathering the scraps and making this quilt. It's a Sew Precise! pattern printed on newsprint. If you look closely you might be able to see "Taylor 2000" embroidered in the lower right hand corner. That was done in the days when I thought I would enjoy machine embroidery. Ha! Down here is a sneak peek at what I'm working on today. It's called Peppermint Twist. Inspired by that piece of fabric in the upper right corner and these quilts. I sure hope to have it finished by Christmas.


Have you started working on a Christmas quilt?



3 comments:

Shay said...

Love the Peppermint twist colour combos. Do I see some picnic parade in there ?

My Christmas quilt has been sitting waiting for me to finish it for weeks....too much other stuff to do.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I can just picture peppermint candy with those colors. Very pretty!

Em said...

I taste minty yumminess! I love the dramaticness of the top quilt, you were ahead of your time with the use of Grey!!!! Sending you and Jasmine some quilting vibes!!! Love you Char! Em