Friday, March 2, 2012

T.G.I.F.

Well sort of. I thought this would be a “thank goodness it’s finished” like the ones before it, but sadly it’s not.

            QUILTS! 250

I pieced this quilt in the very beginning of January. I used a charm pack some fabric from my stash and my favorite moda muslin. After it was pieced I knew it needed some large borders to add color and size. I ordered the border fabric added them and it was ready to quilt last week. It took 5 bobbins to quilt and lots of time. I was so very happy it was completed yesterday, I hung it in my sewing room to get a good look. I had already decided to put it in my Etsy shop. Well not so fast. Upon hanging it I discovered when I pieced it I’d switched row 1 and row 2. So instead of the staggered affect I had in mind it’s down, up, up!

         QUILTS! 248

I guess this quilt will now be loved by some member of my family.

The day was not a total loss, I did get this quilted.

             QUILTS! 246

7 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

i love the colors in both of them. i'm sure one of your family members won't mind using the quilt. it's great!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Your quilting looks great!

Dee said...

Oh, I love the grays and yellows together! It's beautiful!

Betty said...

I don't see a problem with the quilt. Someone looking on Etsy probably wouldn't either. I'd give it a try first and then, if it doesn't sell, there is always family or an unfortunate child that would be comforted by it.

Rosa said...

It `s gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wut? Now if some family member has seized upon this lovely quilt as their own, you can hardly blame them for that! The quilt is awesome! The second quilt is lovely as well.

hugz
Pam

Lisa C said...

I would never have guessed anything was "wrong" with the quilt because it still has a pattern. Plus it's grey and yellow -- what's not to love???