Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scrap Happy Saturday

I haven’t really been feeling neutral which is the color for this month. With spring bursting out all around us, I want to work with color! But as you already know I have tons of PIPs. So I dug out this little quilt that I started a few years back, before I had a blog. This quilt was started because the white, off white scrap bin was overflowing (like it is now). I had seen the Gees Bend quilts and thought, I think I can do that.

                 Scrap Thingy's 433 

                 Scrap Thingy's 435

                 Scrap Thingy's 432

I’m off to get a haircut. Check out what the others are doing.

Enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

scraphappy said...

Your neutral blocks look great, are you going to use a bright colored lattice strip as contrast?

Elly D said...

Your neutrals blocks look oh so delicate! They will make a gorgeous quilt. I hope your haircut turned out good :)

Deb A said...

Love your little neutral blocks. So fun to pull out a WIP and get back to working on it.

B J Elder said...

Char - the quilt is great and what a wonderful use of the 'leftover' neutrals!
Oooh, a haircut. That's what I need too. Bet you feel so much better now.

Sheila said...

Pretty neutral blocks :D
I almost skipped this month. I want to work with bright colors.

Edith said...

Char, are you using chocolate as a lattice? Very nice.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great blocks. I laughed at your not feeling like neutral because it is spring - we have more snow and every thing outside is shades of brown or white snow. Springtime were I am.

Raewyn said...

Very effective with all your neutrals and the contrasting lattice. I had a little giggle at your previous post with the 28 PIPs... I'm so pleased you're not embarrassed by them... I'm just too plain scared to even start counting mine!! Have a nice day :-)

B J Elder said...

I just awarded you the Liebster Award. You can find out about it on my blog. :D

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I love neutrals!