Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What’s Working on Wednesday

I’m so happy I actually have something to show today. My legs are much improved. I did a little sewing room cleaning yesterday so I could spend today messing it up again! While looking for fabric and sewing notions to help the DD with her newly acquired interest in sewing I found a blue FQ pack. It has to be more than 10 years old. I bought it before moving into this house and that’s been more than 10 years ago.

Anyway I used the Go Baby I won awhile back and made fast work of these 5 inch squares.

                     Creations 207

I must say I had not been impressed with the Go Baby until yesterday. Maybe because I’m finally getting used to cutting my fabric small enough so there’s no waist. I wanted to make something simple with the squares, so I made a disappearing 9 patch.

                    Creations 209

So today it will get a narrow 1 inch wide maybe red inner border and a second wider blue border.

In other news, remember this PIP?

                Scrap Thingy's 369

I think I’ve found the perfect border fabric. I hope!

                    The Loot! 128

3 comments:

Shay said...

Im loving those blues. I really need to buy a few more templates for my go cutter so I can actually use it !

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous pile of blues! I love your PiP. I think your fabric choice is perfect.

Vesuviusmama said...

Oh, to win a GO cutter! Those blues will look great with a red border. Now that PIP, that really speaks to me. I want to see that one finished up!