Saturday, May 31, 2014

Scrap Happy Saturday and Let’s Book It!

This is the last green Saturday and I have a few things to share. I did actually hack up my strip sets and turn them into a table runner.

          str

This piece just needs quilting.

                 

You may remember a while back when I posted about Let’s Book It! over at Vroomans Quilts. Well I kept pushing my project aside for other things and I finally figured out why. I didn’t really like the pattern I’d chosen. So I chose another which I like better but it’s in the same book so it’s still a tessellation.

         tg

Here’s my layout all in green. I am working on this over the weekend.

           plus

I can’t say I made much of a dent in the green scraps. Next month’s color is yellow.

           gscraps

You can see other RSC2014 posts here. And you can see other Let’s Book It! posts here.

11 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is perfectly alright to change your mind and the new pattern looks interesting. Thank you for linking up.

Kat Scribner said...

Your green tesselations look great! Nice variety, it will make a great quilt.

Dana Gaffney said...

I did that about 5 times this month, you're not alone LOL. I like the one you picked the greens are great.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I guess you can certainly make more green projects with our leftovers. :o) I like the tessellations and the strippy table runner is really fun.

Joanna said...

That's going to be a neat quilt. I love working with scraps, too. They make for a fun project.

Nell's Quilts said...

I've always thought I'd like to make a tessellation quilt but haven't done it yet. Your green one looks lovely. Great little table runner.

Cathy said...

I don't think I'd be able to keep the pieces for those tesselation quilts straight!

scraphappy said...

Nice pattern you chose for the tessellation. Glad you were able to play with some greens even if you didn't use them all up. Progress is good, even a little at a time.

Karen said...

I like your new pattern. Great green fabrics.

EcuQuilt said...

it looks really cute! hope to see the whole quilt soon!

Sheila said...

What a fun pattern. Looks good in green.