Saturday, April 22, 2023

Scrappy Purple

 I got to play with the purple scraps a little this week. Between itchy eyes, scratchy throat and my stuffy nose. My allergies are exceptionally bad this Spring. 🤧 

I made the half square triangle blocks (which need piecing) and the MP blocks.



I also made this little scrap block from a bag of small purple scraps. Don’t remember where it came from.


As I was working on getting the fabric/yarn room organized I came across a zippered bag of strings. I love string quilts so I dug in and started making scrappy blocks. It’s happy mindless sewing. ☺️


I’ve made some progress on my evening crochet projects. 


This one is Tunisian crochet. It’s only my third Tunisian project so I’m still trying to get comfortable with it.


Hoping to get in more sewing and a little garden work next week. We’ll see what happens. I’m linking up with the RSC

Go enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Deb A said...

You've done great with the purple sewing. Love those colorful string blocks. What a beautiful crochet project you have going - I love the blues. Have a wonderful week.

Jenny said...

You've got some pretty purple blocks here. String blocks always work well, I made some last year in RSC colours in two sizes. They are waiting there sullenly in a bag until I assemble them and let their lovely colours shine.

grammajudyb said...

Love your scrappy little slab block and those multi happy colored string blocks. You can't go wrong with string blocks. Lovely crocheting. A shawl or cowl?

FlourishingPalms said...

Ooo. Sorry about your allergies! I've never experience them, but sure sympathize with the many people I've met who deal with the same thing. Can't imagine how frustrating that must be, especially when you want to see to work on something. I like a good "mindless sewing" project myself, and enjoy working with strings... if I have them, which often is not the case. Not sure why that is unless it's because I don't buy precuts, so I never have jelly roll extras lying around. Good for you to be knitting too - also something I don't do, though I once did, when we lived in Wisconsin. Of course, being in Florida now, there's no good reason to be a knitter. Well, there's no good reason to be a quilter either, but that hasn't stopped me!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You were super productive for an allergy week, Char!! Well done.

Astrid said...

Pretty purples, Char! Love the string blocks too. Beautiful shawl, love the colors. I had to look up Tunisian crochet, seems a bit complicated to me (who don't do crocheting). Sorry about your allergies, hope you are feeling better.