Saturday, January 22, 2022

Red Scrap Saturday

I haven’t even put a small dent in the red scrap bin yet. This week I pulled out my Go Baby and cut a few HSTs. 



I didn’t make very many because I just don’t like using the Go Baby, it’s too much work! 



I made two more of the rectangle blocks from the 3”x 4” rectangles. I’m planning to make 5 blocks from each color. I’ve already dreamed up an idea for a setting using a neutral fabric to border one side of each block.


Last week while cleaning under my sewing machine table I found this little embroidered heart. I don’t remember making it but embroidery was my first love back in the 70s.


I’m sure this isn’t that old. 😁 I decided it should be a mug rug and I plan to quilt it today.


Go check out what everyone else is making at RSC2022
Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

Ivani said...

You played with pretty red fabrics.
The mug rug will be perfect for Valentine's season. Very cute embroidery.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job of working with your RED scraps this week. SEW many fun projects on the go!

Karen's Korner said...

Lots of lovely red projects there.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Great idea for a mug rug that includes the embroidered heart! I love scrappy little pieces like that!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the little heart stitchery... it's a lovely project focus!