Saturday, January 29, 2022

Happy Scrappy Red Birthday to Me!

 Today is my birthday and it’s the last Saturday of January. For my last red scrappy Saturday I made a few string blocks. I’ve said before that string blocks are a favorite of mine so I knew I’d make another rainbow string quilt this year. 

I used 9” x 9” news print paper as my foundation. Lucky me I have a stack of them leftover from the last string blocks I made. I decided to use my lighter red prints for the center strips and I will do the same with future colors.



Also this week I worked on some scrappy string blocks which may or may not become string X blocks. Really I do need another scrap project.🤣

And after a not so good start with the top thread on my machine and a bit of frogging, I made another coiled rope bowl this week.





Go check out what others are making with red scraps at Angela's blog RSC 2022 . As for me I am spending my 67th birthday in my sewing room planning new projects and watching the snow fall outside my window!


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Loving those scrappy string blocks--they are some of my favorite type of sewing. Hugs from our Snowy world today Julierose

Maggie said...

Beautiful blocks and the bowl is amazing. Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and warm.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday Char!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy scrappy birthday!!! I can't think of a better way of spending it than in the sewing room. Enjoy!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday! I love your red string blocks, and I’m a string block aficionado too. And your bowl - just WOW!!

FlourishingPalms said...

First of all, happy birthday to you! Love having a birthday, don't you? For the attention, and for celebrating another year on this earth. Yay you! Second, I'm a pushover for a strippy-pieced string block. I've made dozens of them in my lifetime, and never get tired of them. If you ever run out of the paper you're using as foundation, you can always use telephone book pages! I keep a couple of very old phone books for exactly that reason. Phone book paper is the perfect weight. Enjoy your scrap-piecing, and enjoy your special day!