Friday, March 4, 2022

Scraps Everywhere!

 There really is no end to my scraps! There would have to be two of me working 36 hours a day 😆 to use all my scraps. While looking for random four patch blocks I found two more containers of scraps that I don’t remember creating. One contained squares in sizes from 2x2 up to 8x8 and also many rectangles. The other one was full of triangles. 

I’m in an ongoing postage stamp challenge which is why I was looking for the four patch blocks. Never found them but I did manage to put enough together to create my 20x20 block for February.



I used some of the 2x2 squares to make this mug rug.


I used the remaining scraps on my cutting table to make these crumb block mug rugs. I will sew the binding on these and have four finishes this week.


And lastly I’ve started a new evening crochet project. It’s a designer test so when the pattern is released I’ll share it here. For now here’s a sneak peek.


I’m joining Finished  or not Finished Friday at  Alycia Quilts

3 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Great scrap statement! Love the striped finding on the mug rugs! Cute! Sew cute!

FlourishingPalms said...

How nice for you to have so many scraps! While I have them too, it seems that whenever I look for a specific color of scrap, I don't have enough! In fact, a friend is mailing a box of her scraps to me! I'm excited to get them. I too made a postage stamp quilt, though my squares were cut 1-1/2" and finished at 1". It sure made for a beautiful quilt - one that two of my grandsons now enjoy when TV-watching. Sewing with scraps is a satisfying effort, isn't it?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You have very pretty scraps!
Your 20 x 20 block is really a cool one!