Saturday, April 23, 2022

Scraps

 This week I finally finished my Kawandi mug rug. It’s my first Kawandi piece and I enjoyed every minute of it. I love any kind of hand stitching so this is the perfect thing for me. 😄 I used a bag of Kaffe Fassett scraps that were gifted to me for the top and an old Art Gallery fat quarter for the backing.



Of course after this one was finished l said why not make another one, in pink! I’m a little further along than this picture shows and I hope to have it finished to post next week.


Last month I forgot to make a coiled rope bowl in yellow, I remembered this month. Here is the start of a pink bowl. I haven’t decided on the size yet, I have lots of pink batik scraps.


So much rain here recently I haven’t done much in the garden. I’m hoping to set up a new raised bed for my tomatoes next week. 
I’m linking up with Angela at RSC2022


3 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Gorgeous kawandi quilt! I love the texture and the colors.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Kawandi mug rug turned out beautifully, Char, and the PINK one it going to be SEW pretty! Here's hoping you will get some gardening time soon.

Susie H said...

Beautiful Kaffe mug rug!