Saturday, April 9, 2022

Scrappy Pink

It rained here all week and it’s raining again today. So no work in the muddy garden.  I love pink and it’s a great color to work with on a rainy day! So I had fun digging into the pink scrap bin this week. Of course I made the rectangle blocks which are made with the 3”x 4” rectangles.




I made 2 improv blocks and turned them into a table runner. It didn’t quite come out the way I imagined it while I was lying in bed. 😆


Today I’m hoping to work on pink string blocks and maybe some more improv blocks that might become mug rugs. 😊

I also finished another postage stamp block for a postage stamp challenge I joined. I have 3 so far, one each month. There are 100 squares in each block so it will be a good sized quilt at the end of the year.


This week I started a new evening crochet project. It will keep me busy while I watch my Phillies play baseball.


I’m joining the RSC2022 Go visit to see what the others are working on in pink and enjoy the weekend.


4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work with your PINK scraps, Char!! I think your table runner looks pretty. What is it that's different from your plan?

Astrid said...

Your TR is beautiful and I really love the black and white striped fabric in the centre. Well done on getting more blocks done. Always nice to have an evening project apart from quilting.

Jenny said...

The pink rectangles are very pretty. 100 pieces in your postage stamp blocks? Wow, that's a lot of little squares to piece together.

FlourishingPalms said...

I always enjoy a scrappy project like those you've shared. Interesting about the postage stamp quilt blocks. You didn't say what size the patches are, but if they're small (like the 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" squares I like to work with), I'll only caution you that the more blocks you make, and the bigger your quilt gets, the heavier it will be. I know because I intended to make a large quilt with my tiniest scraps, and soon discovered that all those seams add weight! I wish you lots of fun play with your scraps. They're the best!