Tuesday, August 18, 2020

A Little Cooler

We've had a break in the high 90 degree temps. It makes me so happy to be able to got out and weed the garden and tend the tomatoes. It's been so bad I haven't even been able to sit out on the patio with my hand stitching.
Last week I pulled some scraps from the bins and made a few scrappy mug rugs. These are all made with hand stitched stripe binding.



I've also started a new evening crochet project and of course I'm going my own way and not following the pattern. 😊




And as usual I made one coiled rope bowl last week.


This week I've made a few new masks and I'd like to work on some bags. Also I had a request for more multicolored coiled rope trivets so I guess those are on the list as well.
What will you make this week?


2 comments:

Astrid said...

Pretty colorful mug rugs. The coiled rope bowls you make are so pretty, and so is the crocheted item. Are you making a shawl? Crocheting has never been my thing, I did a lot of knitting before I moved to the tropics. Glad it's a little bit cooler your side. Stay safe and healthy!

FlourishingPalms said...

It's lovely to see the variety of projects you like to work on. Love those little mug rugs! They remind me of small Kawandi. As for your crocheting, it's already a pretty piece, and I marvel that you can "go your own way" and make it different. Though I like crocheting, I don't have those kind of skills! It's wonderful that your coiled rope bowls are so popular! While I love the look of them - bowls and trivets - there's just no place for one in my home. When you've pared down, as we have, you must always remind yourself to minimize. Still, I'm happy for you to make them, and that we-all get to see them. They're gorgeous! Hope you're having a nice Labor Day weekend and that your temperatures have cooled a little. Ours have not!