Sunday, February 20, 2022

Scrappy Saturday on Sunday

 Didn’t get around to posting a blog yesterday because we were trying to keep warm. Some electrical problem with the heating system has us without heat. We consider ourselves lucky that the night time temps have only been in the teens and not lower. We have a fireplace which we rarely use, it helps a lot. We used tower heaters in the bedrooms. The repairman will be here on Monday morning, of course we are expecting a high of 55 - 60 degrees on Monday. 🤣

This week I did lots of sewing. Many bowls were completed. This first one was a custom order. It measures 10” wide by 3 1/2” high. She plans to use it to hold plates in her kitchen.



In an effort to help push Spring along I made these for my shop.





I also started something I’ve wanted to make since I saw the first one around 2019. A Kawandi quilt. Since this is a new process for me I chose to start with a mug rug. I found a bag of Kaffe Fassett scraps that were given to me a while back and cut a few squares to get started. I’m really enjoying this so far, but I’ve always loved hand stitching and the stitching is just like Kantha, a running stitch.


And finally I did make two more rectangle blocks which brings the aqua/teal to 5 so I’m finished. Hoping to work on string blocks this week. 😊




I’m linking up with Angela at RSC2022 Go see what others are making and enjoy the 3 day weekend!



No comments: