Saturday, February 5, 2022

Scrappy Saturday

 This is the first Saturday in February so that means aqua/teal is the new color for the RSC. I had two small pretzel tubs full of aqua/teal scraps. 







After cutting some 3” x 4”  rectangles, a few 2 1/2” squares and some strings and separating what appeared to be green scraps and light blue scraps I’d emptied one tub. Well much to my surprise the second tub was almost all strings. 😆 




So it looks like I don’t have as much aqua/teal as I thought and there will be lots of string blocks being made this month! 

I do have quite a few aqua/teal batik scraps, so I did make a bowl and listed it in my Etsy shop.  I have plans for a few more.






I’ve got one more place to check for aqua/teal scraps (might be a few red there as well) but I don’t expect there are many. As it’s one of my favorite colors, most of my fabric is yardage and is folded on a 

shelf.

Check out Angela's blog RSC2022 to see what lovely scrappy items are being made by everyone else in the challenge.

Enjoy the weekend.






7 comments:

scraphappy said...

You seem to have plenty of scraps to play with at least. Lovely bowl.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like plenty of scraps for this month's RSC, Char. LOVE that new AQUA/TEAL bowl!!!

LA Paylor said...

it's the flower that makes it for me! You saw Jim Croce? cool!!! I'm trying to pull up different love songs every day this month... stop back by to see if you remember others.
I have lots of fabric but also LOTS of scraps and love them so much. I told my husband if we moved somewhere I had to give up fabric, I'd be able to sew from those scraps for years... and love it

maggie fellow said...

love the basket - is it hard to sew through

FlourishingPalms said...

I know what you mean... you think you have a lot of scraps, especially in a particular color, and when you sort through them, there are fewer than you thought! That's been the case for me lately. I think I'm SO determined to use scraps whenever possible, that I'm actually seeing a decline in the number of them! Yay! Love that coil basket you made. You seem to whip them up so easily. One day, I'm gonna try making one. I haven't yet because I have no place to put/use one. But if I could make one to give away, I'd be all over it. It's really fun to see the ones you make! They always look so good!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your basket that is so cool

sewsaucysuzy said...

I love your bowl. If you don't mind me asking... how did you attach the swirled end to the bowl? Did you use rope as your base for the strips?