Saturday, March 19, 2022

National Quilting Day Scrappy Saturday

 Did a little digging in the yellow scrap bag this week. Not much there, but I did get some rectangle blocks done. I found and ancient yellow calico that I used years ago to make sachets for my sisters for Valentines Day. So I had to include a piece of it. 



While digging through the bag I also found this strip piece. Leftover from some forgotten project. I think I will pair it with gray or black and white polka dot for a mug rug or table runner.


Continuing my year long plan to clear out WIPs and purge the junk. I got out these paper pieced blocks. They are so old, my daughter was in elementary school when they were made. She will be 30 in September! 🤣 The original plan was a quilt. I must have been crazy, the blocks are only 4”. Well today they have become an Easter table runner which I will quilt next week.




I did work on a coiled rope bowl/basket this week.


Today being National Quilting Day, my plan is to cut up the scrap piles on my cutting table. I figured there are at least 2 scrap quilts sitting there waiting to be made! 😆 
I’m linking up with Angela today at RSC2022 
Prayers for Ukraine 🇺🇦 

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

A table runner sounds like a great way to finish off a vintage project. If it has been waiting that long for some attention, then getting it finished off will feel so good!

Astrid said...

Hi Char! Lots of yummy yellows. I really like your vintage blocks and turning them into a table topper is a great idea, it's so pretty!

sue s said...

I think your plan for the runner is a great one! Very spring-like, and out of the pile!

Sara said...

Love the Easter table runner - it's a wonderful way to use those blocks. It's a great idea to switch gears and just make a smaller project when we get stuck like this. I have some sets of blocks that need to become something too. Thank you for the inspiration!

Jenny said...

Your elderly blocks have taken on a new lease of life as a pretty table runner. I dont know about you, but sometimes I wonder why my things get left behind. Lack of motivation perhaps, but I guess it is out of sight, out of mind mostly. Anyway you have come up with a great solution to use up those pretty blocks, well done!