Saturday, January 20, 2024

Snow Covered Saturday!

 This week finds beautiful Hatfield under a few inches of snow. We got snow twice this week but the heaviest snowfall was above and below us! 😄 

I had lots of time in the sewing room to finish two sets of bibs and burp cloths for my niece. She needed a shower gift and the theme is sunflowers. 🤔



I also completed a custom trivet set for a returning Etsy customer.



I did play around with my green scraps a bit. No real projects in mind for my blocks this year. I made a few improv and string blocks.



I thought I’d make the improv blocks to eventually create another quilt like this one. It had been in my shop for a while and finally sold on the first of the year.



Yesterday I decided it was time to get my but in gear and start a quilt. I started pulling random fat quarters and I wasn’t really liking the results. So I went to the bins where I keep my bundles and found this!



It’s Cameo by Amy Butler. I looked it up and it’s out of print and people are selling it for crazy money. So now I’m wondering if I should sell it instead!🤣 Stay tuned!

Today we will have a high temp of 22. Definitely soup weather. I’m making Tuscan white bean and kale soup for hubby and I and we’ll spend the afternoon with me crocheting a hat while we watch football (even though our Eagles collapsed)

Enjoy your weekend! I’m linking up with RSC2024



6 comments:

Morgan Ashleigh Taylor said...

It's 22° right now as I'm reading this! I wanna see where those green blocks go, looks interesting 🤔

Sara said...

Bibs and burp cloths are such good baby gifts. I made a ton of them when my girls and their friends were all having babies. Yours are adorable. Lots of awesome string use going on at your house. My green scraps really do seem endless.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your string placemat and trivet is stunning. I can see why you are a stellar Etsy seller.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like the layout of your string block quilt! Congratulations on the sale - you should definitely make another!

Dorothy L. Wills said...

I love being stuck in the house with my quilting! Great job on all of your projects. Thanks for sharing.

Astrid said...

Cute bibs and burp cloths, always needed. Love your green blocks. Congrats on the sale, and yes, I think you should make another one, it's such a pretty quilt. Can't wait to see what you're making of the Cameo fabrics. Have a great week and stay warm!