Saturday, January 27, 2024

Week of Fog!

 This was the week of the fog! Warmer temperatures moved in along with rain to melt all of the used to be beautiful but now grey snow. It was like being in a horror movie! The good thing is all of the snow has disappeared. 😃

As it seems I’m still in instant gratification mode I still haven’t started or worked on any of the (pick any number) new quilts or WIPs I said I would start the year with. I had this on the design wall, but took it down.


But I’m still chugging away at coiled rope.😆








I finished these and it was perfect timing because this week I sold the first one I made from this orange fabric.

I worked on this bowl on Thursday after I got the idea right before I fell asleep on Wednesday night.


And of course I had to use a few more green scraps to make this trivet. I haven’t even made a dent in my green scraps yet. I’m thinking maybe a scrappy green table runner would help a bit. 🤔




Check out RSC2024 and enjoy your weekend!

 

7 comments:

Morgan Ashleigh Taylor said...

Love the coiled rope and that WIP is adorable 🥰

Jenny said...

Coiled rope - arent you so talented!

Sara said...

The bowls are fabulous!

Astrid said...

Love your coiled rope bowls, they are all so pretty. Congrats on the sale! Pretty trivet too, great use of green scraps. Fog has always fascinated me from I was a kid. It's rare we have fog here and I so enjoy it when it appears.

Anonymous said...

Foggy here last week too. We had a skiff of snow overnight but that will soon melt. I really like your rope bowls. Great scrap busters and so pretty! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

The Joyful Quilter said...

Goodness, Char! You must go thru a ton of cotton clothesline making all those bowls. Lovely GREEN trivet for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh! Those bowls! Just beautiful! They look so professional, especially with the extra bits of coiled decorations you've added. Very nice. I'm not a bit surprised you were able to sell one... or ten! I bet you're finding it very pleasant to sit at the machine and stitch these. No guilt allowed for leaving a project on the design wall! I have one of those too!