Saturday, February 3, 2024

Busy Week in the Sewing Room!

 Today for the first time in a long, long time the sun was out when I got out of bed. I hope this means Spring is on the way! 😁 Which means I should start my garden plans.

I had a birthday on Monday. I received lots of goodies from friends and family. Flowers from hubby.


Flowers from my brother and sister in law. 


My favorite gift was turquoise hair dye from my daughter! I can’t wait to use it! 🩵😂

A new spool of rope arrived this week. This is the size I use for trivets and I’ve already put it to good use.





On Wednesday, the last day of January I made two Criss Cross Star blocks to finish up with my green scraps. This is a pattern by Lori Holt.



On Thursday I dumped the red scrap bin. Such a mess! Lots of really old fabric scraps. First I pulled out all of the strips that were wider than an inch. Then I pulled out large chunks. I will use these for a QAL I plan to participate in later in the month. 


I used all of the really small, ugly and unknown fiber content scraps to make another pillow bed for the animal shelter.


Yesterday I made two red Criss Cross star blocks. I think these star blocks will make a great quilt at the end of the year.

This weekend I’m planning to work on red string blocks. I hope you take time to do something fun this weekend. Check out all the red makes at RSC2024.



6 comments:

Mary R. said...

The criss-cross stars are beautiful. That will be a great quilt.

Morgan Taylor said...

Beautiful flowers! They'd look great as one giant bouquet! Glad you're excited to use the dye, can't wait to see how it turns out. You've been very busy, time for a break! 💖

Sara said...

Happy belated birthday!! An awesome start on your reds!!

Astrid said...

Happy belated birthday, Char! Beautiful flowers! Love your trivets and the star blocks are so pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday! That's a fun bunch of red scraps! I like your Criss Cross Stars, too.

FlourishingPalms said...

A belated happy birthday to you! Wow, but you MUST be loved - flowers and gifts?! Aqua hair coloring is a fun present. It's all just wonderful because birthdays around here are not celebrated like that. I'm happy to get a couple phone calls. Working with red this month would be impossible for me. Just last evening I was trying to make a small 36-patch red block for a quilt, and can't even come up with enough 1-1/2" squares of reds to make it happen! It's a color that lacking in my stash. Yay you for having so much to work with! And I love that you've made another pet bed. I think I have enough scraps to sew-up one this week. It's so nice to turn something useless into something useful.